The mission of the HMS Guidance and Counseling Program is to address the physical, social, emotional, and academic needs for students by providing age-appropriate and developmentally sound information. Further, we seek to facilitate activities designed to enhance the traditional classroom learning experience for our students.
Work to ensure that students receive orientation pertinent to the programs available to them through school and that their placement is appropriate.
- Provide students with guidance that is goal oriented and unbiased.
- Oversee the implementation of a developmental guidance curriculum aligned with HISD goals and initiatives.
- Provide thoughtful and thorough referrals as needed connecting students, parents, and families with valuable resources in our wonderful community.
- Provide up-to-date information on careers with emphasis on personal assessment and career exploration.
- Disseminate information to parents, staff, and the community relevant to the objectives of the guidance program. Click here to browse our SCHOOL SHELF resource for parents and students.
- Coordinate Gifted and Talented testing, the PSAT8, and provide information on advanced academic readiness/ facilitate 8th grade college board account set up.
From the Counselors...
Welcome to Hutto Middle School! We want to encourage students, parents, and community members to utilize guidance services throughout the year. Areas in which we may be especially helpful to you include:
1) Course selection and placement in special programs.
2) Career exploration and planning.
3) Assistance with personal and academic concerns. SEE BELOW FOR HMS GRADING PERIODS.
Throughout the year we will be facilitating classroom presentations on various guidance related topics. Please check out our individual pages for more information and peruse the various helpful links provided for your information. We will update these pages throughout the year with relevant links and information as needed.
Your HMS Counseling Team,
Alisha Adams (A-L)
Silvia Covarrubias (M-Z)
Lawanda Epting (A-Z Crisis Counselor)
Visit Mrs. Epting's page here