THE HIPPO WAY
The Hippo Way seeks to create a culture of inclusiveness, character, kindness, and regulation to develop the whole child. Fundamentals of the Hippo Way include Character Education, Bullying Prevention, Brain Teaching, Self-Regulation, and Coping Skills.
THE HIPPO WAY CELEBRATIONS
Hippo Way Celebrations are school-wide recognitions of cultural and community days of remembrance, awareness, and celebrations. Hippo Way Celebrations can be celebrated in the classroom, during announcements, and as a school community. In addition to celebrating in the classroom, we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, Veteran’s Day, Black History Month & Texas History Month in a school-wide community event.
MONTHLY CHARACTER TRAITS
August - School Pride
- The joy shared by members of Hippo Nation.
September - Respect & Courtesy
- Showing others they are important by what you say and do.
October - Responsibility
- Taking ownership of my thoughts, words, and actions.
November - Gratitude
- Letting others know you see how they’ve helped you.
December - Caring & Compassion
- Being kind, patient, and forgiving, even when others might not be.
January - Courage
- Being brave enough to do what you should even when you are scared.
February - Fairness & Freedom from Prejudice
- Thinking about others by sharing, caring, listening and accepting.
March - Honesty & Integrity
- Doing what is right even when no one is watching.
April - Perseverance
- Refusing to give up when life gets hard.
May - Citizenship & Patriotism
- Getting involved and helping my school, community, and country.