Mission and Vision of Hutto ISD Libraries
The mission of Hutto ISD libraries is for each campus library to be an integral part of the school and its community by collaborating with staff to create authentic learning for students, providing quality resources and instruction to students and staff, assuring that students have equitable access to technology and literature, encouraging effective use and evaluation of ideas, and promoting lifelong reading and learning for both pleasure and information.
Librarians of Hutto ISD believe that:
- Collaboration between the library and school community promotes student achievement.
- Open access to library services and resources is essential.
- School libraries and qualified school librarians positively impact literacy and life-long learning.
- Libraries support intellectual freedom.
- Learners should be prepared for college, career, and life.
- Reading is the core of personal and academic competency.
*Based on the 2017 American Association of School Librarian National School Library Standards.
- Hutto ISD libraries provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students' individual reading needs.
- Hutto ISD librarians model and encourage lifelong learning and literacy.
- Hutto ISD librarians work with the school community to promote student achievement.