Student Teaching and Campus Observation Process (for college students and those accepted in an Alternative Certification Program)
The Hutto Independent School District (HISD) welcomes the opportunity to support those enrolled in college teacher education programs or an Alternative Certification Program (ACP) who need to fulfill requirements through classroom observations. In order to assist both you and the campus, the district has developed a process to facilitate student teaching and classroom observations. If you are wishing to observe an HISD classroom, you must follow the process outlined below in order to provide for the safety of HISD students and to accommodate the schedules of the campuses and teachers on those campuses. If at any point you have questions, please contact HR for assistance by calling 512-759-3771 or via email: Dr. Lindsie Almquist, Director of Human Capital, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Kristin Gardner, HR Generalist, email@example.com
If you would like to fulfill your university or ACP requirement for observation hours at Hutto ISD, please read the following instructions.
- Submit application to Student Observation or Student Teacher job posting.
- Contact Dr. Lindsie Almquist with placement requirements, please allow up to two weeks for processing/placement.
- Schedule appointment with Kristin Gardner, please bring 2 forms of ID and be ready to take a photo for your ID badge.
- Once placement has been secured and you arrive to campus for your first day, check in with the Administrative Assistant to receive directions to the classrooms you will be observing.
- Once you have completed all of your observation time, please contact Dr. Lindsie Almquist.