State Accountability Performance Standards & Ratings
The 85th Texas Legislature passed House Bill (HB) 22, establishing three domains for measuring the academic performance of districts and campuses:
- Student Achievement Domain evaluates performance across all subjects for all students on the following measures: STAAR Assessments; College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators; and graduation rates
- School Progress Domain measures district and campus outcomes in two areas
- Academic Growth - the number of students who demonstrated at least one year of academic growth (or are on track) as measured by STAAR results; and
- Relative Performance - the achievement of all students relative to districts and/or campuses with similar economically disadvantaged percentages
- Closing the Gaps Domain uses disaggregated data to demonstrate differentials among racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds, and other factors. The indicators included in this domain as well as the domain's construction, align the state accountability system with the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
These three domains are combined to calculate an overall rating. Beginning in 2018, districts receive one of the following ratings for overall performance, as well as for performance in each domain:
- A - Exemplary Performance
- B- Recognized Performance
- C - Acceptable Performance
- D - In Need of Improvement
- F - Unacceptable Performance
Campuses receive one of three academic ratings: Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, or Improvement Required. (Campuses will receive A-F ratings beginning in August 2019.)
The Texas Education Agency has created a video library to answer questions you may have about the accountability system.
Hutto ISD Accountability Ratings & Reports
In 2018, all Hutto ISD schools received a Met Standard overall rating. The district received an overall letter grade rating of C - Acceptable Performance.
Visit txschools.org to look up how Texas schools and districts performed.
Campuses that receive an accountability rating of Met Standard are eligible to earn distinction designations. Distinction designations are awarded to campuses based on performance relative to a group of campuses of similar type, size, grade span, and student demographics. A complete list of distinctions available for campuses is shown below. HISD campuses earning distinction designations are shown in parentheses.
- Academic Achievement in Social Studies (Hutto Middle School, Hutto High School)