2019-2020 Student Leadership
The Hutto Education Foundation partners with Hutto ISD to enrich, enhance, and maximize the quality of education for all students.HEF funds specific programs like Teacher & Faculty Grants and Student Scholarship Programs. We also fund our Student Leadership *IMPACT* Grant Program. Through these grants, we want to give students an opportunity to practice and grow their leadership skills while working to serve the campus, the community, or the world. This program supports Hutto ISD’s vision of "inspiring excellence in academics, character, and community."
We are open to a wide range of ideas, and want to encourage any student to submit an idea, big or small. For instance, programs might seek to improve or serve:
- educational process
- student life
- health or safety inside/outside campus
- school facilities
- the environment
- peer advising
- the Hutto community
- a group of people in need (ex.: economically disadvantaged, cancer patients, etc.), somewhere in the world – in our back yard, or around the world
While we are interested in the product of the grants (what the program will accomplish), we will emphasize the process (how the students will grow and benefit by doing it) in our evaluation process. The selection committee will consider the following in our evaluations:
- Opportunities for the students involved to exercise leadership skills
- The number of students who will be involved in the execution of the grant
- How the program advances the mission of the District
- The benefit to the school or community
- Will the program be able to be continued in the future, with or without further funding?
- Will the program create maintenance costs for the District in the future?
You may apply individually or in groups. All programs must have a faculty sponsor. The number of awards will depend on the number and size of the requests, and the funds made available by the Education Foundation. Each application must be completed by a student applicant, along with a teacher sponsor who will commit to guiding and mentoring the students and their project/activity. Expectations for student grant recipients:
- Use the money in the grant faithfully and wisely for their program/activity
- Engage other students in carrying out the grant
- Report back to the HEF how the funds were used and submit a final report documenting what was accomplished, and what they learned from the process.
- Allow HEF to share success stories with the community.
Expectations for teacher sponsors:
- Help oversee student use of the grant money by managing the funds
- Actively mentor students in the execution and administration of their program/activity
- Communicate with the HEF regarding progress and accomplishments
To apply, please complete the application packet and return to your campus front office, mail or email to the following address before November 6th 2019:
Hutto Education Foundation
P. O. Box 363
Hutto, TX 78634
The committee from the Hutto Education Foundation will evaluate entries and may request additional information via email or phone interview. All funds must be used by May 13th, 2019.
Timeline for grant award process:
- Grant applications available 09/03/2019
- Grant applications due 11/06/2019
- Announcement of grant awards 11/21/2019
- Project recap due by faculty sponsors 05/13/2019
We look forward to seeing your ideas!
Should you have any questions, please contact HEF Director, Lizzy Samples at firstname.lastname@example.org