INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREKINDERGARTEN APPLICATION PROCESS FOR
2021-2022 (first day of school August 17, 2021)
Please click here to read important information about the HISD Prekindergarten program before applying.
PreK programs will be offered at all elementary campuses for the 21-22 school year.
All students must be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2021 to be age eligible for PK.
NOTE: The tuition based programs at the following campuses are no longer accepting PK applications as the tuition based programs on those campuses are full: KES, NJES, VHES, CCES, HES & RES
Times of Instruction:
Full Day: 7:30am - 2:55pm
Note: There are no half day programs
Determine whether your child may qualify for the State-Mandated No Cost, Full Day Prekindergarten program.
To be eligible for enrollment in the State-Mandated No Cost, Full Day Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st of the starting school yearr (2021), live in the district, and must:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language (an oral exam will need to be scheduled); or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program), currently receiving TANF/SNAP or Children's Medicaid; or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or,
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Children of a person awarded the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace office under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code;
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
- The resolution (certificate) awarded to an individual serves as proof of eligibility to enroll age eligible children in free PK.
If your child does not qualify for the State-Mandated No Cost PK program, limited numbers of tuition based spots will be available. Please apply now and if more students apply than we have spots available, tuition based student spots will be filled by lottery in May.
If you are new to Hutto ISD and do not have a Family Access account, click here. You will receive an account within 48 hours. If you do not receive an email with account information, please check your junk/spam folder. If the email is not in that folder send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have your account OR if you already have a Family Access account and have a PreK student to register, New Student Online Registration is available as a tab in your current account. If you do not see a link on the left hand side that says New Student Online Enrollment please email your current student's name and campus to email@example.com.
You are asked to upload all required documentation online. TIP: Have all required documentation ready to upload into your application prior to beginning the online application process. You will be asked to upload all documents in Step 4. Required documents are listed below.
Please note: Registration is not final until all required documents are received.
The following documents must be uploaded at the time of online registration to complete the application process:
- Copy of the official birth certificate
- Photo identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Approved forms include driver’s license, passport, DPS issued ID
- Child’s social security card
- Current immunization record signed by physician or official waiver.
- Proof of residency in HISD—current utility bill or copy of current lease or current mortgage statement.
- State-Mandated No Cost, Full Day program – supporting documentation as requested – please click here for specifics
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours (not including weekends) confirming your child's placement or requesting additional documentation.
PK REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE EVENTS
If you are unable to register online (do not have access to a computer, need language/translation assistance or are unable to upload documents) you may attend a PK Registration Assistance Event on one of the following days (please bring all required documents with you). COVID protocols will be in place (masks must be worn, temperature screening, and we ask that you limit the number of people attending to 1 parent or legal guardia, the registering child (optional unless child needs to be language tested for qualifying) and a translator if needed).
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8am - 1pm - Hutto High School Library, 101 Chris Kelley Blvd
- Monday, May 17th, 2021 3pm - 7pm - Hutto High School Library, 101 Chris Kelley Blvd
If you complete the online registration and are able to upload ALL documents, you do not need to attend an Assistance Event.
If you have any questions about the process, contact Lynne Smith at 512-759-3771 ext 1004 or email@example.com.