Annual Hutto ISD Veterans Day celebration
"Saluting the Home Front"
2016 Schedule (13th Annual Veterans Day Ceremony):
- Honor Hall (all day at Hutto HS)
- Ceremony at Hutto HS Gym - 10:15 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Sky-divers at Farley Middle and Hutto Middle - 1:30 p.m. (contingent on weather)
- Flyover - approx. 1:45 p.m. (contingent on weather)
- JROTC will have a Hall of Honor with various Veteran's/Military artifacts in the main hallway all day.
Community members welcome!
- Honor Hall
- The day begins with the opening of the Hall of Honor at 8 a.m. The Hall is a museum created by volunteers. Artifacts such as uniforms, model ships and planes, posters, pictures, books, flags, and banners transform a hallway into a museum. 8 a.m. to 3:40 p.m., in the main hallway of the High School. Enter the building through the front entrance. The public is invited to the school for the display.
- Air Show
- The annual Air Show is a highlight of the day. Because all campuses are in the flight path, the show can be seen by all students in Hutto ISD. The show is focused over the high school.
- The San Marcos Sky Divers will jump onto the practice fields next to the middle schools at approximately 1:30 p.m. followed by a number of vintage aircraft a few minutes afterwards. The aircraft will make 4 passes, flying over each campus during each pass. The final pass will be the missing man formation.
- Equipment Display
- Equipment, machinery, troop carries, weaponry and soldiers will be on display in the north end of the student parking lot. Past events have included active Blackhawk helicopters, trucks, vehicles and weapons.
- Communications Trucks will be in the parking lot during the airshow to hear the communications in the planes as they fly above.
- Hutto High School holds two public assemblies that are open to the public. Students and the general public listen to special guest speakers or hear a presentation. An award winning band and choir perform tributes to veterans.
- Hutto High School: HHS will host two assemblies, 10:15 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., in the gym that are open to the public. HHS encourages the community to come for the special treat.
- Each campus hosts its own assembly throughout the day featuring current and past military men and women, including soldiers, Generals and families. Many of the schools also have displays. Contact each campus for details, or check out that school's website or Facebook page.
Paul Lister, co-coordinator, Air Show: email@example.com, (512) 759-4700
Chief Anna Collins, co-coordinator, Ground Show: firstname.lastname@example.org, (512) 759-4700