Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider,
. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Hutto High School
Veterans' Hill Elementary
Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Hutto Independent School District, under policy GKDA (LOCAL) will consider requests to distribute all non-school literature and/or information intended for multiple recipients on District premises. The Hutto ISD Public Information Office is responsible for reviewing and approving flyers and printed materials for student distribution.
Hutto ISD generally approves the distribution of:
- Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by a Hutto ISD program or a discounted service to students or staff.
- Information targeted to staff that announces job-related activities and instructional opportunities related to the Hutto ISD curriculum.
Hutto ISD generally does not approve the distribution of:
- The materials promote illegal use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other controlled substances.
- Flyers for events deemed not suitable for children.
- Flyers with little or no educational value.
- Fundraising flyers for outside organizations
- Flyers that are reasonably foreseeable to be disruptive, libelous, obscene, inflammatory, sexually or otherwise inappropriate for the age of the audience, that are inconsistent with the Ten Ethical Principles, that advertise alcohol or tobacco products, or that endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students and/or staff.
- Flyers that do not conform to district policy concerning distribution of non-school literature (Policy GKDA(LOCAL))
All flyers distributed in Hutto ISD must include the following disclaimer printed at the bottom: "Approval of distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of such services, activities, and/or products by the Hutto Independent School District." The disclaimer must be printed on the flyer, or affixed as a label.The disclaimer may not be handwritten.
- Please allow up to ten (10) working days for flyer approval. Flyers will not be approved until two weeks after the start date of school or three weeks before the end of school. Flyers will be approved year round.
- If at any time it is determined that flyers or materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, approval of future flyers by the requestor may be jeopardized.
- Flyers will only be distributed electronically through the Peachjar system. No flyers from outside organizations will be sent home with students, placed in staff boxes or sent to employees via e-mail. See coupon exception below.
- Since public school policies are subject to change due to legislative action and other outside influences, Hutto ISD reserves the right to terminate any flyer postings that conflict with district policy or legislation.
Only Free or Non-Conditional Coupons may be distributed. Campus administrators may accept coupons appropriate for students that offer a completely free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local restaurant. The District does not allow the distribution of discount or conditional coupons to students. Examples: 25% off admission; Save $1 on the purchase of an ice cream sundae, coupons that offer a free item or discount with the purchase of another item. (One free kid's meal with the purchase of one adult meal, etc).
Questions should be directed to the Public Information Office at (512) 759-3008 or by e-mail at email@example.com.